Productboard is building our first team to focus on account growth and expansion. As one of the early hires on the Account Management team, you'll be the primary point of contact for our high-potential customers after they complete their initial sales & customer onboarding journey. You’ll partner with companies of all sizes to understand their product priorities and development philosophy with a goal of growing our relationships with existing customers. To achieve this goal, you'll develop relationships across the entire Product Management teams (and beyond) to share a vision for what full adoption of Productboard will mean to the success of your customer’s product strategy.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our sales & leadership teams to help define Productboard’s account management strategy and team culture as we grow.
On a typical day, you will …
- Build trust and relationships with a portfolio of Productboard customers. Understand their Product priorities and current use of Productboard to identify new use cases and expand our existing relationships
- Work closely with the Sales & Customer Success teams to develop account plans, relationship maps, and use cases that will contribute to winning sales opportunities
- Develop subject matter expertise on product management methodologies to consult prospects on the value Productboard will provide to them
- Proactively analyze Productboard adoption data to uncover growth opportunities across your portfolio of accounts. Derive insights, develop strategy, then execute on improving customer engagement and product adoption
- Develop new enablement materials to help your customers get the most out of Productboard and provide an excellent customer experience.
- Partner closely with product teams to ensure we’re factoring customer feedback in ongoing product development
- Negotiate and close account expansions & drive adoption of higher tier Productboard plans
- Achieve quarterly expansion & upsell targets
- 3-5+ years of experience in customer success or account management
- Track record of consistent over-achievement against targets
- Experience selling into C-Level, VP Product, VP Engineering, or IT
- Structured, organized, detail-oriented, collaborative mindset
- Empathy, positive energy, and courage to fail fast to succeed
- Comfort with process and product ambiguity as we build the team
- Experience with Salesforce and passion to set up and improve new workflows to increase efficiency
You can look forward to the following benefits:
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of productboard FB page for more info about life at productboard.