We’re on the lookout for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee our global accounting matters – everything from financial reporting (both for CZ and US entities), accounts receivable, and accounts payable, to invoicing, budgeting, and administration.
In this role, you’ll help our Finance team reach excellence, support both our customers and our colleagues across multiple locations, and ensure that we’re always several steps ahead of our business needs.
On a typical day, you will …
- Oversee all accounting activities, including month-end close, financial reporting, payroll, and cash management for both CZ and US entities
- Serve as the key technical accounting resource for productboard
- Prepare the company to be audit-ready
- Ensure complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting in conjunction with a third-party provider
- Participate in tax filings and payroll, with assistance from our advisors
- Control expenses, taking a critical eye to make sure we’re maximizing company resources
- Establish corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations
- Scale and support the accounting team in Prague
- Build scalable systems to support our growth, overseeing the transition from Quickbooks Online to an enterprise-class ERP system (e.g. NetSuite or Intacct)
- Partner with business leads to understand and explain financial variances vs. plan and forecast
We’re looking for someone who is eager to tackle the challenges that come with managing finances and accounting for a young, fast-growing, multinational startup. Ideally, you’ll have the following skills and experience:
- 2-4 years of audit experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a similar managerial role
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP principles
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or ACCA certification (or similar)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Outstanding communication skills and a collaborative approach
- The ability to build cross-functional relationships to drive business results
- English at B2 level or above
- Experience with IFRS
- Experience working in a SaaS/B2B environment
- Experience setting up ERP-level accounting systems, such as Netsuite or Intacct is a plus
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague.
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
🌉Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non Czech or Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at productboard.