Join productboard and help our Finance team reach excellence!
The finance team needs to function as a reliable partner in supporting both our customers and our colleagues. Having offices in multiple locations adds to the complexity of this task but we need to make sure we are always a few steps ahead of our business needs.
We are looking for an experienced person to oversee global Accounting matters for productboard including financial reporting (both for CZ and US entities), accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, budgeting, and administration. They will participate in tax filings and payroll, with assistance from our advisors.
We need a person who is eager to tackle the challenges presented when managing finances and accounting for a young, fast-growth multinational company.
About your job & responsibilities
- Overseeing all accounting activities including month-end close, financial reporting, payroll, and cash management for both CZ and US entities, which would also include:
- Serving as the key technical accounting resource for productboard
- Preparing the company to be audit-ready
- Ensuring complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting in conjunction with a 3rd party provider
- Controlling expenses, taking a critical eye to make sure we’re maximizing company resources
- Establishing and maintaining corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations
- Scaling accounting team in Prague by hiring additional people to cover for increasing complexity of accounting role.
- Building scalable systems to support our growth, overseeing the transition from Quickbooks Online to an enterprise-class ERP system ( e.g., NetSuite or Intacct)
- You would be also part of FP&A, so you would partner with business leads to understand and explain financial variances vs. plan and forecast
Who we are looking for
- 2 - 4 years of audit experience at a Big 4 firm (Deloitte, EY, KPMG or PwC) or other well-known audit firm.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a similar managerial role
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP principles
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or ACCA certification (or similar)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Great communication skills as you will be a collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience with working in a SaaS/B2B environment is a plus
- Experience with setting up your own ERP level accounting systems, such as Netsuite or Intacct is a plus
Perks & Benefits
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.💰Stock options
Our CultureOur culture is built on trust and transparency and you will be exposed to every step and decision of a fast-growing startup. There is lots to learn, lots to build.
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco, expect frequent travel to the US (3-6x /year)
If this resonates, let's get in touch! 🚀