Join one of our product teams and develop features with real value to a one-of-a-kind product management system used by 2000+ global companies. Join a team that's redefining what product management systems can be.
Our Tech Stack
productboard's stack is a Ruby on Rails backend built by passionate Rubyists with React.js on Typescript on the frontend. Over time with demand, we've added new technologies to support growing needs of the team, both in complexity and traffic. We're running Elasticsearch to power our Insights search, we are fully migrated to Kubernetes on AWS to enable an event-driven service architecture, we're using Kafka to let services communicate together asynchronously and resiliently, and we've recently started migrating parts of our Ruby on Rails monolith to Node.js microservices.
We are also exploring to use Typescript more and more on the backend as well. However we don't see our Ruby development slowing down anytime soon.
You'll be expected to work on everything from the above, but we're not expecting deep knowledge in all of it. We strive to build up everything backed by code and reliable pipelines which will get you on track at lightning speed. We're always open to changes which can make us better!
We work in small cross-functional teams that usually consist of 3 developers, a designer, and a product manager. You’ll be part of the whole feature development lifecycle. You’ll see all the feedback we collected from our customers and you will be encouraged to come up with your ideas or objections.
As a core member of our team, you care about solving real problems for real users. Coding, to you, is more art than mechanics and analytical thinking comes second nature.
You like communicating with frontend or product management and you always keep the end-user in mind.
2+ years of experience building backend systems
Experience with Node.js and Typescript is preferred
- Experience with other parts of our tech stack is always welcome (messaging, AWS, k8s, SPAs)
Your code is clean and well tested, you own development from discovery to production deployment
- You love to learn and constantly improve your own skills, and are not afraid to jump into new things
You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English (we have an international team and are successful at keeping discussions in English)
- You live in Europe – as it's important for us to have the team in pretty much the same timezone 🙂
At productboard, we recently started building fully remote teams. It is therefore possible to join us as engineer while being (almost) 100% remote. The expectation is that you will travel to Prague roughly every six weeks to collaborate with your remote team members in person, while also meeting other team members and learning more about the productboard culture. If you're interested in taking on this position remotely, make sure you tick off (most of) these requirements:
- You’re self-organized and disciplined
- You have amazing communication skills
- You know how to make sure everyone on the team feels included
- Nice to have: previous experience with remote work
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel to the US