productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed on the Product Excellence Methodology, productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next. Over 2,500 modern product-led companies, like Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath use productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. With offices in San Francisco and Prague, productboard is backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
About your job
We’re looking for an experienced and driven product management professional to lead our product roadmapping teams and partner with our Product Development and Go-to-market teams across our Prague and San Francisco offices. In this role, you’ll help customers of various sizes and products to build and share coherent roadmaps with their stakeholders while balancing stakeholders across Engineering, Design and other Product Management pillars.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have previously managed a full lifecycle product management function and related teams in a SaaS based environment. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills, strategic and executional product management leadership experience focused on creating and leading product roadmaps. You know how to use both qualitative customer feedback and quantitative data to prioritize what productboard does, how we do it, and how to make it better.
Want the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-growing startup? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s make products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will...
- Own and manage the product roadmap for the roadmapping pillar, working closely with Leadership and the Product Development team to deliver key requested features and functionalities back to the SMB and mid market verticals today...and Enterprise customers in the future.
- Represent productboard’s product organization with existing and prospective larger customers. Customer visits will be critical to gain key insights to share with our Product Design Teams and Leadership.
- Work with sales and customer success to better understand product adoption and maturity in order to increase retention and drive upsell.
- Create and articulate a product strategy for the enterprise segment (in partnership with Product, Marketing, Sales and Support) to expand productboard’s business in new and existing accounts.
We’re looking for a professional and engaging communicator who has a proven track record of product development successes particularly in a dynamic, modern agile startup or tech environments. Ideally, you’ll have previous business consulting experience that includes quantitative analysis.
- 3+ years experience at a b2b SaaS company targeting upmarket customers (>50 users, > 1,000 employees is a good proxy)
- Experience building and managing small product development teams
- Great customer communications and expectation-management skills, helping a young company meet demanding customer requirements.
- Empathetic – you care deeply about the customer experience
- 5+ years in product management, preferably with experience in either Sales Engineering, Professional Services or Business Development
- Master’s Degree in Business or Science/Technology/Engineering/Math (STEM) academics preferred
- SaaS product domain experience required
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🎓 Language lessons
🌉 Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of productboard FB page for more info about life at productboard.