productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed on the Product Excellence Methodology, productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next. Over 2,500 modern product-led companies, like Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath use productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. With offices in San Francisco and Prague, productboard is backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
The Director of Demand Generation at productboard is responsible for delivering strategic integrated marketing programs that drive awareness and demand for productboard, grow sales pipeline, and accelerate the sales cycle. The Director of Demand Gen will lead the Demand Gen team and work closely with marketing and sales leadership in the development of impactful marketing programs that generate new, qualified leads while effectively moving along existing pipeline through the sales stages with efficiency.
A successful candidate will have managed a Demand Gen team, and has a proven track record of developing and executing impactful bottom up and top down B2B SaaS marketing programs with a focus on outbound, excellent digital marketing, search, and lead management.
- Continuously develop the Demand Gen organization, evolving services and capabilities to match business needs
- Develop and manage the execution of programs and campaigns in alignment with the company goals
- Work with other marketing teams to extend the reach of marketing automation impact (e.g. pipeline acceleration, lead nurturing, customer retention).
- Scope demand program requirements, budget, resource needs and delivery timeframes based on data
- Closely align and work with local and global teams
- Provide intelligence and guidance to the teams with regards to optimal marketing mix execution to generate new leads and move along existing pipeline, based upon data science
- Drive creation of reporting and analytics insights into top level marketing dashboards across key performance indicators mapped to the demand funnel
- Optimize and standardize demand creation approaches across the organization
- Create a model to track and report on program success and drive continuous improvement
- Partner with product marketing, content marketing, and visual designers to align and optimize all demand-related functions
- Drive continuous performance improvement through continuous testing and data analysis
- Partner with Marketing & Sales Operations to oversee the management and performance of our marketing automation platform and all other marketing & sales tools
- Work with Marketing & Sales Ops to Implement best practices in database management to increase data integrity and market reach across geographies; support marketing database strategy and data requests (e.g. segmentation, list pulls)
- 5-8 years developing and executing strategic B2B demand gen and outbound programs in a B2B, SaaS, and Enterprise environment
- Hands-on experience working with demand generation tools, including marketing automation and lead scoring software, ABM and other demand ops tools
- Exceptional proven collaboration and good relationships across Marketing and Sales Ops and Sales organizationsABM expertDigital/social media savvy
- Has worked with/implemented a B2B organization's demand lead scoring model
- Budget allocation and reporting experience
- Management of communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups at regional, national and international scale
- Has previously selected/overseen creative and demand creation agencies
- Experience and appreciation of local marketing nuances in the approach to different markets
- Testing and optimization experience