About the job
You will be expected to support a recently established team of engineers in their day to day development experience, their personal development, and long term career growth.
- You will lead 3 to 10 engineers within a product team (or two), which owns a core part of productboard.
- You will ensure goals and objectives for the team are clearly defined and engineers can participate in the product discovery phase.
- You will coach and mentor your engineers, showing them the next steps in their careers.
- Together with the CTO, Director and other EMs you will discuss, define and implement processes to support a growing team (feedback, growth, team organisation, delivery process).
- You will maintain a healthy, collaborative culture in line with the company values as we navigate through hyper-growth.
- You will be actively involved in hiring engineers for your team, making sure it’s well-staffed.
- Personally being the strongest engineer in the team is not your end goal, your main focus is to have a multiplying effect on the team's output.
- To get a better idea of our vision of the role, read the “Role of Management” in the article about Empowered Product Teams from Marty Cagan.
We need empathetic engineering managers which can help navigate our engineering teams through the current growth.
- You have a strong technical background, ideally building complex B2B SaaS products.
- You have a proven track record of substantially impacting the development of complex or fast growing systems.
- You understand devops as culture not as a role.
- You have past experience with leading people.
- You have the ability to align people behind a common goal. You can explain and materialise objectives of the team.
- You are direct but careful with feedback, both given and received. We embrace the approach of Radical Candor.
- You are fluent in English—our team consists of 14+ nationalities.
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $18M Series-A, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel to the US
Perks & Benefits
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
- 💰Stock options
- 💻MacBook Pro or notebook of your choice + 34″ monitor
- 📚Budget for online courses, books and conferences
- 🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
- 🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
- 🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague.
- 🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- ⏱Flexible working hours and home office
- 🎓Language lessons
- 🌉Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
- ✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non Czechoslovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Our culture is one of trust and openness, free of workplace politics, and hasty decisions.
Thoughtful and transparent collaboration is a value that's integral to our founding principles. For us, success is a team sport, so it's important you're a team player.