productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed on the Product Excellence Methodology, productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next. Over 2,500 modern product-led companies, like Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath use productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. With offices in San Francisco and Prague, productboard is backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
productboard is seeking a Head of Analytics to create and lead the data analytics team. In this role, the Head of Analytics ensures that the business in its various departments understands its own health, finds growth levers, and identifies opportunities for optimization. The Head of Analytics leads the business through all efforts that drive business performance and potential by using the existent and new data sources and techniques.
The Head of Analytics additionally leads the data analytics department in the development of a departmental culture, policies, and strategy. The role will involve the Head of Analytics getting his / her hands dirty and solving hard analytical problems for the business. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance & Operations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Discover actionable insights buried in data and provide the executive team and key decision makers with real-time visibility into the performance of the overall business and key metrics by building and maintaining insightful dashboards.
- Partner closely with business leadership (e.g., Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.) and data engineers to build a culture of data-driven decision making by setting frameworks for metrics, experimentation, and forecasting.
- Develop and maintain the “single source of truth” by organizing disparate data sets across multiple systems and ensure data quality.
- Build and coach a world-class Analytics team that can centralize all the data and analytics needs across all teams across the organization.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a business-focused analytical role, preferably at a B2B SaaS company.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in hiring and leading a team of analysts.
- 2+ years in management consulting or finance experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of Go to Market metrics for B2B SaaS.
- Proven and successful experience in the execution of data analytics initiatives, leading to the development of useful insights and the improvement of a business’s performance and driving top-line growth.
- High proficiency in Salesforce, SQL server reporting services, BI tools as well as Excel.
- Great business intuition and strong project management skills that allow for quick delivery of results with iteration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to tell stories with data.
- Familiarity with the principles of data engineering.
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at productboard.