productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed on the Product Excellence Methodology, productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next. Over 2,500 modern product-led companies, like Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath use productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. With offices in San Francisco and Prague, productboard is backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
About your job
We are seeking an experienced Head of Design to lead and grow our team of designers. You must have strong mentoring and communication skills. The role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design. Candidates must have strong visual and interaction skills and the ability to significantly influence our product strategy.
- 5+ years of creating and growing new digital products and building productive design teams around them
- 5+ years of experience in visual and interaction design
- Experience designing and building applications
- Preferred experience designing for B2B audiences with complex problems
- Experience developing, communicating, and rallying people around a product strategy and vision
- A portfolio showcasing fundamental interaction and visual design skills
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- Experience in mentoring mid-senior designers
- Willingness to travel (Prague)
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of productboard FB page for more info about life at productboard.