We are looking for a skilled IT Support Specialist to provide fast and effective support to our employees.
We're growing fast. As an IT Support Specialist, you will be required to respond to tickets, assess and diagnose computer hardware and software problems, and implement effective solutions. You may also be required to provide basic computer training, pre-install software, and perform basic computer maintenance.
On a typical day, you will …
- Provide IT support and troubleshooting of technical issues related to Office IT infrastructure
- Ensure all office devices and equipment such as TVs, monitors or printers work
- Asset management - making sure everyone has the right assets assigned and they work properly (Laptops, software, equipment)
- Manage purchasing and deployment of company laptops and IT equipment
- Process tickets related to laptop issues, rooms equipment, internet connectivity, systems access requests
- Access management of G Suite and OKTA and other important internal systems (Zoom, Notion, 1Password, Visitor Management System, etc.)
- Helping with the management and setup of internal SaaS applications as part of vendor review and new system onboarding.
- Be a process owner for on-boarding and off-boarding
- Write training manuals, document and improve current processes
- Be a communicator, helping IT and non-IT employees with their internal productivity
- Support Office Management, People Ops and Security teams
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- Prior experience working in an IT Support/Desktop Support/Helpdesk role
- A positive, customer-first attitude - you should like helping people solve their problems!
- A strong work ethic even when the job is less than glamorous
- The ability to keep to a defined work schedule & manage your time
- Familiarity with macOS
- Good communication skills (English mandatory)
- Experience with MDM systems
- Have previous experience managing G Suite and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, etc.)
- Experience with OKTA administration
- Experience with opening new offices or office move/expansion
- Familiarity with Networking and WiFi / WAN/ LAN (Cisco Meraki, Unify)
- Security mindset of following policies and procedures
- Basic Linux skills (writing basic automation scripts, installing, configuring applications / services)
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝5 weeks of vacation and sick days
🍲Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
🏋MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
🌉Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️Relocation Package for foreign (non Czechoslovak) candidates relocating to Prague
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at productboard.