We are looking for an open-minded and innovative People Ops Specialist. As an ideal candidate, you understand the ‘human’ in HR, but you don’t see people as resources. You are passionate about transforming and updating traditional HR processes, shifting the way companies understand the value of employees.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for investing in the engagement and development of our employees as people. Because we understand that everything our People Ops department does has to first benefit the employee, and as a result, the company as a whole.
On a typical day, you will …
- Work closely with the People Ops Business Partner and Provide support to our Prague-based team (be the go-to person for employee queries).
- Work cross-functionally with our Security, Operations, or Finance teams, but also across continents and time zones with our People Ops team in San Francisco.
- Be responsible for administrative duties related to the following people ops processes:
- Onboarding and offboarding process
- Benefits administration
- Updating internal databases (HRIS & other tools)
- Employee relocation
- Performance management
- Processing monthly payroll
- Coordinate global initiatives designed to help develop your teammates – e.g. diversity and inclusion, CSR, etc.
- Help navigate and resolve employee relations issues.
- Become a co-founder and advocate of productboard's culture and values.
- Working with People Ops metrics, pull out reports, understand and visualise them.
- Partner with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and ensure a data-driven approach to people decisions.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- You are always candid and want to be part of a transparent culture
- You exhibit empathy by understanding, respecting, and celebrating the differences between people
- You are naturally curious
- You have a growth mindset and are able to adapt to life in a fast-paced startup
- You are proactive, self-driven, and resourceful. When needed, you are able to jump in and lead a project
- You have 3+ years of experience, including knowledge of People Ops services (employee relations, performance management, compensation, talent management, employment law)
- You are fluent in English and Czech or Slovak, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have previous experience with HRIS applications
It would also be really nice if you have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including compliance, benefits, leave, employment law for European countries
- Experience in a global tech company
- Project management experience
- The ability to work independently
- A sense of urgency and accountability. Nothing “isn't your job”
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- 💰 Stock options
- 💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
- 📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 🏝 5 weeks of vacation and sick days
- 🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
- 🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities in Prague
- 🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- ⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
- 🎓 Language lessons
- 🌉 Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of productboard FB page for more info about life at productboard.