We understand that it’s design that makes products stand out. Empathize with customers and get your hands dirty in all steps of product discovery and delivery. Let’s design products that matter, together.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead research and design activities. You will be discovering and delivering new patterns/solutions for jobs-to-be-done (JTBD) productboard is solving for the makers. This type of work has not been done before as we are creating a new product category.
You will be working within an empowered product team together with a product manager and engineers. You will execute through the whole product lifecycle: empathize with and understand our users deeply (one of them are designers!), craft their experiences and evaluate how your contribution is helping them to build better products.
You'll be part of a world-class design team and mentored by best people in the industry (for example, our product design advisor Joshua Goldenberg).
About your role
- Conduct user research and customer interviews, organize and present the findings
- Own the solution process, create design concepts (wireframes, prototypes, information architecture), iterate quickly to validate
- Deliver beautiful final visuals and interaction designs
- Evaluate shipped work, perform continuous discovery and improvement
- Communicate your work succinctly and effectively, align cross-functionally
- Participate in design team-wide initiatives (hiring, workshops, design system, improving design tools, mentor junior designers)
Who we are looking for
You have the mind, heart, and skills of a holistic product designer with a desire to delight users. Additionally, you have:
- 5+ years of product design experience in B2B organization (ideally startup+enterprise)
- Conducted research, white-boarded and shipped SaaS products
- Mastered the design process and methodology and will shape ours
- Created wonderful visual designs that exhilarate users
- Good understanding of systems thinking and ability to translate complex systems into a simplified user experience
We’re building a product management system like no other. As a member of our team, your mission will be to uncover every detail about needs, wishes, and emotions of the best product minds out there and lead discovery and development of a product that is creating a new category. A product with meticulously beautiful design, a product that goes beyond functionality, a product that connects on a very personal and emotional level.
We are a fast-growing startup. We are obsessed with human experience, design, cutting-edge technology. We don't compromise, we seek excellence. We get things done. We are transparent, we trust each other, we give candid feedback to learn from each other.
Perks & Benefits
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco. Expect occasional travel to the US
If this resonates, let's get in touch! 🚀