productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed on the Product Excellence Methodology, productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next. Over 2,500 modern product-led companies, like Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath use productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. With offices in San Francisco and Prague, productboard is backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
About your job
We are looking for a Director Product Management who will own the vision, strategy and execution of one of the jobs-to-be-done (JTBD) productboard is solving for its makers. It is a formidable endeavor touching many cross-functional areas of the product. You will achieve it by leading a product team yourself (initially an IC role) and eventually building a team of product managers in 6-12 months (people leadership role). You will be working in a product leadership position reporting to our VP of Product.
We’re building a product management system like no other. As a member of our team, your mission will be to uncover every detail about needs, wishes, and emotions of the best product minds out there and lead discovery and development of a product that is creating a new category. A product with meticulously beautiful design, a product that goes beyond functionality, a product that connects on a very personal and emotional level.
We are a fast-growing startup. We are obsessed with human experience, design, cutting-edge technology. We don't compromise, we seek excellence. We get things done. We are transparent, we trust each other, we give candid feedback to learn from each other.
About your responsibilities
- Be responsible for ensuring business value and viability of products solving for JTBD
- Align and execute the strategy with product teams teams to deliver solutions and outcomes
- Contribute to Product Excellence methodology and thought leadership
- Lead and coach product managers and other functions (product design, engineering etc.)
Who we are looking for
You have the mind, heart, and skills of a user-centered product leader who has:
- 5+ years in Product Management (last 1+ as a Senior Product Manager) for Senior Product Manager
- 7+ years in Product Management (last 3+ years as Senior Product Manager or 1+ as a Director) for Director Product Management
- Conducted research, white-boarded, shipped and optimized SaaS products in a product team setting
- An understanding of the latest product management best practices (research, strategy and delivery frameworks, pricing)
- Practiced systems thinking and is able to translate complex systems into a simplified user experience
- Leadership and communication skills to inspire, motivate and grow others
- MBA, MSc or other advanced degree preferred from a top university
- Both startup and larger org experience
Perks & Benefits
Our culture is built on trust and transparency and you will be exposed to every step and decision of a fast-growing startup. There is lots to learn, lots to build.
Thoughtful and transparent collaboration is a value that's integral to our founding principles. For us, success is a team sport, so it's important you're a team player. Read more about our culture and company values here or listen to our podcast people of productboard and get to know your future colleagues.
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In addition to our recent $45M Series-B, Forbes Magazine named productboard 2019's most valued startup of the Czech Republic.
We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
We have modern offices in Prague and San Francisco.
If this resonates, let's get in touch! 🚀