productboard is looking for a VP of product to drive the product strategy and execution of our existing product set while leading the launch of additional new products and features. Evangelizing and energizing the company with a real passion for product and design, you will partner with leaders across engineering, sales, marketing and operations to align the product roadmap with commercial activities that lead to increased customer adoption and revenue generation. You should also be an inspirational leader with an ability to build and develop a strong distributed team of product managers and designers. You will report directly to the CEO and work closely with others across the leadership team.
Let’s make products that matter, together.
- As the VP of Product you will lead the transformation of product ideas into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while taking into consideration the financial implications, sales and marketing needs, and overall business objectives.
- In collaboration with product marketing and other business leaders, you will be responsible for identifying target customer segments, evaluating market trends and product industry, and ultimately defining a competitive go-to-market strategy.
- You should be able to deeply understand our customers’ needs through empathy, research, and ongoing interactions with customers and partners, and translate them into a compelling product strategy that continuously delights our customers.
- You will build and coach a world class team of product managers and designers to constantly ensure improvement in their professional skills. You should be adept at showing junior team members what quality product and product management processes look like.
- Acting as a lead evangelist for the Company’s product offerings, you will communicate the value proposition through participation in forums and conferences. You will also meet and interact directly with current and prospective consumers in an effort to relay to them the product’s value and benefits while simultaneously sourcing feedback and assessing their reception and experience with the product.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in product management, of which 5 years has been spent leading a product team, preferably at a B2B SaaS company.
- You should have strong leadership skills, collaboration skills, vision, design, marketing and evangelising skills.
- Direct experience with digital management software or workplace collaboration software is desired.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a distributed, global team
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-service
- Good sense of user experience and design
- Bachelor's degree is required; MBA preferred
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour
💰Competitive compensation, Stock options
📚A budget for your professional development and on-going learning
🏝4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
🏋Company contribution to Gym & Wellness memberships
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of productboard FB page for more info about life at productboard.